I work in Turin (Italy) as a System Engineer. I've five years of experience in configuring, administrating and troubleshooting IBM AIX systems, I'm also an expert in the PowerVM and PowerHA technologies. Before of that I worked as a system operator for eight years, I had the opportunity to manage a big variety of operating systems, backup solutions, and application platforms. I'm also a Open Source enthusiast since at least 18 years, so I'm quite familiar with Linux and the open source community in general too.
Enterprise-class UNIX technologies: IBM AIX, PowerVM, PowerHA
Open Source technologies: RedHat Linux, CentOS, UNIX Shell Programming
Here are some documents and notes which I wrote in my free time while studying and experimenting with various software and technologies:
- 2018-04-15 Linux + AWS: read emails from an S3 bucket.
- 2017-10-21 CentOS: reinstall GRUB2 from CentOS 7 installation disk.
- 2017-06-14 Windows PC + Linux router: find who is doing traffic.
- 2017-03-05 Customization of the X keybindings with xmodmap.
- 2016-09-17 Getting started with MongoDB on CentOS.
- 2016-08-17 Getting started with MariaDB on CentOS.
- 2016-01-09 How To Backup an Android Phone to a Linux PC.
- 2015-08-01 Fedora: installing non-free video codecs.
- 2014-08-26 FreeBSD: Subversion service configuration - basic example.
- 2014-08-14 FreeBSD: gpg 2.x ends with error because pinentry is not installed.
- 2014-08-14 SMB (SAMBA) file server on ZFS filesystem managed by FreeBSD on HyperV guest host.
- 2013-07-06 CentOS Logical Volumes Management.
- 2013-06-28 CentOS Firewall Configuration.
- 2013-06-28 CentOS FTP Service Configuration.
- 2013-06-24 CentOS Services Management.
- 2013-06-24 CentOS Software Packages Management.
- 2013-06-21 CentOS User Management.
- 2013-06-19 CentOS Example Network Interface Configuration.
In my spare time I like to write some scripts and little programs, with the purpose to try some programming language or technology:
For Common Lisp:
- 2017-03-05 Bookmarks Manager: a browser-independent bookmarks manager (it's a work in progress, it is not usable yet).
- 2017-03-05 Tic Tac Toe: a tic-tac-toe game (it's a work in progress, it is not usable yet).
- 2013-08-24 Tic Tac Toe - The Return (was: mptris) + m-tic-tac-toe: a tic-tac-toe game against the Artificial Intelligence with different difficulty levels. There are avaiable: a graphical Java version, a graphical Windows Phone 8 version (source code only), a text-mode C language version, an abandoned graphical version using and old version of GNOME.
- 2011-05-03 metadiary: a quick and easy to use diary which can help you to understand how much time you spend on your activities, and eventually to reorganize them.
- 2011-05-23 mail-to-news: a program for forwarding the incoming emails to a group hosted on a NNTP server.
- 2011-05-17 sdcdc: the combination of a shell and a GIMP script for generating the different CD labels and front-covers for the different systems, architectures and versions of the Debian software distribution in different languages.
- 2011-04-11 catrss: show an RSS feed in plain-text.
- 2011-04-11 email2wav: Text To Speech converter for emails.
- 2005-04-11 checkurls: a pair of scripts for making the web browsing routine less time consuming.
- 2004-01-23 emhacks: a collection of unofficial extensions for Emacs.
- 2003-10-13 cfs-el: an interface for creating, attaching and detaching cryptographic filesystems by within the comfort of your Emacs session.